- - Development Department
- Mantua, OH, USA
- Full Time
- This is a full time position offers full-time benefits: multiple medical plans to choose from, dental and vision plans. Our employees also take advantage of paid life insurance, 403b retirement plans, and optional disability/accidental/long-term care insurance plans.
Communications Officer Summary:
This position is responsible for promoting the services and programs of Hattie Larlham to internal and external audiences through print and electronic channels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategize, develop, and execute internal and external communications initiatives using the best method for reaching key external audiences e.g. news releases, organization statements, talking points, letters, newsletters, social media posts, etc.
- Collaborate with program staff to develop and execute communications strategies that effectively and accurately tell the story of the programs and services we provide.
- Working with development staff, the Communications Officer will develop fundraising messages for dissemination through social media, email blasts and letters. Will work with development staff to provide media support and promotion for events.
- Responsible for ensuring that the corporate website is maintained and updated.
- This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties that may be performed by the employee in this classification.
- Strong writing, design and communications skills and highly effective verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively with multiple internal customers and comfortably with multiple audiences including families, donors, etc.
- Must be able to work with a range of professionals from direct care to executive level
- Must have knowledge of Northeast and Central Ohio media outlets
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively to address communication issues and challenges.
- A high level of integrity, initiative, creativity, and energy is required.
- Willing and able to work some nights and weekends.
- Understanding of a nonprofit organization and fundraising helpful
Experience with Adobe Suite
Experience with Photoshop strongly preferred
Experience using social media tools in a business environment
Photography skills preferred
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field preferred.
3-5 years experience
This is a full time position located in our Mantua office.
*Please include a resume when applying for this position.*
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media