Employment Employee Relations Manager
- - Human Resources
- Mantua, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Hattie Larlham offers full-time benefits: multiple medical plans to choose from, dental and vision plans. Our employees also take advantage of paid life insurance, 403b retirement plans, and optional disability/accidental/long-term care insurance plans. Benefit from our on-site fitness center with on-site health and wellness programs.
Hattie Larlham, a non-profit, healthcare organization dedicated to providing services to people with developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities and special needs, is searching for an Employment Employee Relations Manager.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Human Resources, the Manager, Employee Relations & Employment is responsible for the management of the talent acquisition function, employee relations and employee recognition programs and activities, the positive corrective action program, the unemployment compensation program and assists in Human Resources policy development and updates. The Manager ensures Human Resources compliance and mandatory reporting related to federal, state, local and licensure/accrediting body for span of control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the Human Resources Specialist/Recruiters, Temporary staff and Interns.
- Supervises and directs all recruitment activities to include implementation of comprehensive recruitment plans including networking in the community, placing classified advertisements and recruitment of qualified applicants. Leads sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals. Maintains and has oversight of the recruitment budget that includes monthly recruitment expenses.
- Generates and place recruitment advertising on designated job and trade websites.
- Interviews, screens and recruits job applicants to fill administrative level, professional and technical job openings.
- Communicates with third party recruitment agencies to place administrative level positions as needed.
- Responsible for tracking all recruitment statistics to include number of applicants received, applicants received by source, and applicants received by referral. Responsible for compiling annual Human Resources recruitment statistics and accomplishments.
- Responsible to maintain applicant tracking database containing all candidates who have applied for employment and position control flow sheet for each hire with disposition for each candidate interviewed.
- Approves candidate selection for employment per established criteria (i.e. background checks, drug screens, qualifications, registry checks and reference checks).
- Oversight of employment offer process to include rate assignment for approvals and rescinding offers due to disqualifying status (i.e. positive drug screening, no education requirement, disqualifying criminal offence).
- Maintains communication with drug screen providers to receive new hire and for cause testing results.
- Provides guidance and direction to Hattie Larlham management team regarding employment policies, personnel practices, HR policy and employment laws. Annually provides management update on policy changes at established mandatory management training. Provides policy updates to Professional Development for inclusion in the monthly mandatory employee training.
- Updates Employee Handbook annually with all approved Human Resources administrative policy and procedure changes.
- Reviews all corrective action reports received in Human Resources for compliance with policy. Serves as resource for Director-level and above for the corrective action program, development plans (performance improvement plans), and seeks the approval of the Vice President of Human Resources for all employment terminations.
- Responds to and investigates employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and work group dysfunction. Conducts thorough investigation and obtains witness statements and reviews with Vice President of Human Resources prior to taking remedial action.
- Generates the monthly and annual turnover report (by organization, agency/program and position) and posts to the HR Metrics shared drive and presents information to the Quality Improvement Committee meetings.
- Generates the monthly and annual vacancy report (by organization, agency/program and position) and posts to the HR Metrics shared drive. Presents information the Quality Improvement Committee meetings.
- Responsible for approving timesheets and PTO utilization of Recruitment staff.
- Completes all monthly mandatory education and other mandatory in-services and training as required.
- Approves and sign invoices specific to span of control, not to exceed $1,000.00. Is responsible for Human Resources' credit card ($2,000 credit limit) for use as needed by Human Resources staff for those purchases that cannot be purchased though established vendors and paid through Accounts Payable. Provides monthly credit card report to the Vice President of Human Resources with justification for approval prior to submitting to Accounts Payable.
- Publicly speaks at work related events, such as employee meetings, activities, recognition events and training seminars.
- Participates as a member of OPRA and the Human Resources Consortium Group and reports relevant information to Human Resources and Administrative Team as appropriate.
- Attends no or low cost webinars and other educational offerings (per Human Resources budget) to stay current with Human Resources best practices and employment law.
- Networks with peers and relevant professional organizations and subscribes to applicable list serves to stay current on Human Resources policy, best practices and employment law.
- Assists the Vice President of Human Resources with special reports, projects and assignments.
- Responsible for participating in maintaining a safe workplace and attending annual mandatory safety training.
- Chairs the Employee Activities Committee. With assistance of the committee, the Manager plans, coordinates and implements employee social activities.
- Member of the Employee Recognition Committee. With assistance of the committee, the Manager plans, coordinates and implements employee recognition programs and events.
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management or related degree required. A minimum of five (5) years of Human Resources experience (i.e. Generalist, Recruiter, Manager, etc.) required. A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience is preferred. Demonstrated effectiveness in Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations and Employee Recognition strongly preferred. Candidate must be current in knowledge of employment law, Human Resources policy and applicable regulations. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Power Point). Candidate must have valid Ohio driver's license and be able to travel locally and throughout Ohio to various Hattie Larlham locations. I/DD experience preferred. PHR or SPHR preferred.
Hattie Larlham offers full-time benefits: multiple medical plans to choose from, dental and vision plans. Our employees also take advantage of paid life insurance, 403b retirement plans, and optional disability/accidental/long-term care insurance plans. Benefit from our on-site fitness center with on-site health and wellness programs.
9772 Diagonal Road
Mantua, Ohio 44255
EOE/Drug-Free Workplace/Tobacco-Free Workplace