- - Development Department
- OH, USA
- Full Time
- This position is eligible for Hattie Larlham full-time benefits; including vacation and sick time accrual, multiple health care plan options, dental, vision, employer-paid life insurance, 403b retirement plans, and optional disability/accidental/long-term care insurance, and a wellness program.
Hattie Larhlam, a Northeast Ohio-based nonprofit organization serving people of all ages who have intellectual and developmental disabilities, seeks a Development Coordinator to contribute to all aspects of our development and communications operation.
Hattie Larlham was founded in 1961 by a nurse named Hattie Gadd Larlham, who quit her post as a highly respected pediatric nurse in order to care in her home for a neighbor's baby born with a severe brain disorder. This small act of compassion was the spark behind a movement that changed the field of developmental disabilities in Ohio and beyond. Today the organization provides services, care, and programs for nearly 1,700 people of all ages in Northeast and Central Ohio. Our wide ranging services include a 24/7 residential campus which is home to 124 babies, children and adults; group and supported living in our community residences; seven locations of our busy Constant Companions community engagement day program for adults; and competitive work training for youth and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The organization is emerging from a strategic restructuring and poised to expand its development and communications initiatives.
The Development Coordinator position requires a creative and enthusiastic professional with excellent written and verbal communications skills and a positive, energetic professional style. The selected candidate will be inquisitive and people-focused, and comfortable in a wide variety of situations and settings. Reporting to and working closely with the Development Officer, the Development Coordinator is an events-heavy position. This newly-created position will also assume responsibilities across a wide range of fundraising activities, assisting with annual giving, corporate relationships and sponsorships, and agency communications. The Development Coordinator provides hands-on management of day-to-day fundraising event and annual fund activities in the Development Department. This includes a substantial role in planning and execution of all Hattie Larlham fundraising events, primary responsibility for third-party fundraising events, stewardship and growth of corporate and sponsorship relationships, significant assistance with Annual Fund activities including developing and managing direct mail campaigns, record keeping for all assignments, and assistance with agency communications initiatives including social and digital fundraising, social media, and special communications projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Under direction of Development Officer, develop detailed event plans including budget, volunteer committee structure, sponsorship needs and opportunities, vendors, logistics, timelines and objectives.
- Provide leadership to Hattie Larlham third party fundraising: promote to organizations and individuals, develop positive relationships with fundraising teams and ensure compliance with Hattie Larlham policies, procedures and quality standards.
- Lend management of all fundraising committee work, including documentation of meeting minutes, timeline updates and reporting to the Committee during planning and in post event evaluations.
- Working with the Development Officer, interview and negotiate contracts with event location facilities and vendors.
- Responsible for on-site event production/management and clean-up coordination
- Under the direction of the Development Officer, write and manages annual fund appeals.
- Develops and implements annual donor recognition events.
- Assist in developing and implementing digital and social media activities related to online giving and agency programs, and help to monitor and track results from social and digital outreach efforts.
- Contribute to effective constituent communications efforts by assisting with writing and production of periodic news bulletins to donors or families, special agency-wide announcements, and other emerging communications activities.
- Bachelor's degree required; concentration in communications or marketing preferred but not required. Nonprofit experience highly desirable.
- Minimum two years' experience in event planning and working with or managing volunteers
- Experience in the effective use of digital and social media as a key communications and fundraising tool
- Strong ability to juggle multiple projects with ease and decorum and re-prioritize as needed without significant supervision
- Communicates easily and effectively with a range of audiences and people from different backgrounds – parents and families, staff, executives, board members, vendors, etc.
- High degree of comfort with and interest in working on behalf of people with a range of abilities
- Goal oriented but flexible and easy going personality
- Skilled in use of Microsoft office products necessary; experience in Raiser's Edge, InDesign, and Adobe products preferred.
This position is eligible for Hattie Larlham full-time benefits; including vacation and sick time accrual, multiple health care plan options, dental, vision, employer-paid life insurance, 403b retirement plans, and optional disability/accidental/long-term care insurance, and a wellness program.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media