Summer Youth Job Coach - June through August 2019 - Summit County
- - Vocational Training Jobs
- AKron, OH, USA
Ready to take your leadership skills to the next level in an amazingly fun summer job?
Make a difference this summer by providing job coaching to someone with special needs. Under the direction of the Director of Vocational Services and assigned program staff, you will assist in implementing operations of the Summer Youth Work Program.
The Summer Youth Job Coach is responsible for accompanying the participant to their work site each day and will offer assistance with their job by working one-on-one to assess job readiness and work skills. Tasks of the role include: assessing work skills and behaviors, orienting the participant to their new work environment, assist in process of learning job tasks and responsibilities of the job.
Through the follow along service that the Summer Youth Job Coach provides, both the participant and the Assistant work towards the end goal of employment in the community.
The Summer Youth Job Coach will foster independence in participants. They will relate to and motivate young adults through job coaching guidance and redirection. Participants will gain real world work experience through your help. Working as a Summer Youth Job Coach you will have the greatest potential impact on a participant's summer.
Our 2nd Sessions Begins June 3rd, 2019. Work locations available throughout Northeast Ohio.
• Assist clients with career exploration activities
• Assist in job readiness training with participant
• Complete required logs, documentation, evaluations and statistics according to protocol
• Adhere to HIPPA and Corporate Compliance regulations in performance of all job related activities
• Learn and follow established safety practices
• Be positive, energetic and a team player, serve as a peer role model for participants
• Develop and foster positive working relationships with all worksites
• High school diploma required. (Great experience for college students looking for experience)
• Valid Ohio driver's license, must meet driving requirements.
• Must be able to attend (2) two day orientation
• Must be first aid/CPR certified, training provided if certification is not current
• Must pass criminal background check and drug screening
Positions are limited! Don't miss out on this opportunity, Apply today!